Friday, October 16, 2009

#67 Forward's the way

I successfully failing at something my 10 year old self could do. I imagine he wouldn't be pleased. A fine tale could be contrived with my past selves of 5 year intervals.

Now, on the one hand, I could go back to doing nothing. This would mean folks on the phone would have nothing promising to tell people. I would be tacitly omitted (ooh, very nice) from the Christmas Newsletter. Existensialism would demand that I eventually disappear.

On the other hand, I could do something. It should be widely known at this stage that I am the luckiest and the most spoilt. Yet, I still complain. So, much easier then, than doing something would be not doing something, namely complaining. I can be confident when I say it betters no one and nothing. Misery without company soon disappears. Existensialism demands it.

Thankfully, very few people bother to read this drivel. I suppose it makes me feel a bit better, much like the man hanging the rags on the tree to stop worries getting over the threshold.

My stock might soon fetch a better price. I went rock climbing despite 2 man-sprained ankles, grazed elbows and gammy knees from trampolining. I even went trampolining again after rock climbing. Don't look up too quick or the sun will blind you.

Time to get back to my data mining homework.